Need AC Duct Work Help in Chicago!

1 Reply | Chicago, Illinois

Hello,

I bought my property 3 months ago. Two of my vents arent getting air pushed through them from the AC unit (7 other vents are working fine and receiving air and the AC system works fine). The ducts are in the ceiling and there is no attic to access them. Does anyone know a company that will come and fix the duct in the ceiling? I have reached out to over 15 HVAC/AC duct companies and they all have said they wont go into the ceiling. I dont want to just start ripping my ceiling out if it is not needed. I believe the duct is detached or there is a leak. Please help if you know anyone who can do this type of work. 

Thanks,

Chris

"Two of my vents aren't getting air pushed through them from the AC unit (7 other vents are working fine and receiving air and the AC system works fine)."

First -- is air moving through those vents when the furnace is on? Don't assume. Check.

Second -- are there accessible louvers or balances near the vent openings? Check those. Adjust as needed.

Third -- are  the two vents in the same line, and immediately after each other? Or are there branches of the duct system and they are on separate branches? If on branches, and other vents on those branches work, then see # 2 above.

Fourth -- based on what you've written, your building is no doubt a hopeless money trap and you would be better off just mailing the keys to the bank and moving to Lapland for a career in reindeer herding.  :)