Bathroom Floor Tiling

8 Replies

Attention 

Updated 2 months ago

I'd like to re-tile my bathroom floor and replace the toilet. Does anybody have recommendations on a handyman and/or subcontractor that can do this?

@Xavier Y. where is the property located? Chicago is a huge market and the handymen don't often have to go far to look for work here. 

I self manage and do some of the work myself, I have been using the vinyl plank flooring to redo bathroom floors. Clicks together, water proof, looks good and is easy to install. Great for small bathrooms, a few hours at most to complete.

Originally posted by @John Warren :

@Xavier Y. where is the property located? Chicago is a huge market and the handymen don't often have to go far to look for work here. 

The property is located in Westchester, IL.

Originally posted by @Steve Hyzny :
I self manage and do some of the work myself, I have been using the vinyl plank flooring to redo bathroom floors. Clicks together, water proof, looks good and is easy to install. Great for small bathrooms, a few hours at most to complete.

This sounds pretty simple and something I’d like to explore. 

@Xavier Y. if you can do this yourself then you should definitely do vinyl plank. I use the grip strip stuff from Home Depot, and it goes together so easily. You can cut it with miter saw or probably even a big set of scissors. The stuff holds up great and goes right over tile. Since it "floats" it is very forgiving. I have put it into about 20 units in the Berwyn and Cicero area and it all looks great several years in.