• Real Estate Investor
  • Tennessee
Votes |
Higher Power at work?

Shawn Parsh#2 Rehabbing & House Flipping Contributor
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Tennessee
Posted Mar 25 2024, 05:45

I'll try to keep this short, but I wanted to share how I came across a new property that I just signed a contract on. A neighbor of  mine stopped by the house when he was driving by just to chat for a minute or two. During the conversation he mentioned that a lady who is the administrator for the estate that owns a mobile home  located about 1,000 feet from my driveway was getting ready to sell the property.  The next day I decide to go to the mobile home to meet the lady and to inquire about the home. 

I knocked on the door and stepped back a little ways so she would feel more comfortable coming to the door. I introduced myself and told her that I live just a couple houses down from her. I explained that another neighbor had told me that she might be thinking about selling the house and asked her if that was correct. She said there is no thinking about it, I'm selling it. She then showed me the property. After looking at the home she said I have to tell you something...(paraphrased)

/before you knocked on my door I was praying and something told me to cancel my appointment I had with a realtor today, get a glass of wine, and take it easy for the afternoon. Right after I cancelled the appointment, got my glass of wine, and sat down you knocked on my door and asked if I was selling the house./

At that point this nice 72 year old stressed out lady started to cry and said it is amazing how God works. She lives several hours away and has been here at the house going through its contents, trying to sell what she can, and then sell the house. She said she has been missing her medical appointments back home and was overwhelmed by everything. This home needs some rehab and she was concerned it was going to complicate her effort to sell it. Then I knocked on the door and I specialize in distressed properties. 

I would be interested to hear if others have had similar situations occur. 

User Stats

Votes
John Otradovec
  • Lender
  • Springfield, MO
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Springfield, MO
Replied Mar 25 2024, 10:21
Quote from @Shawn Parsh:

I'll try to keep this short, but I wanted to share how I came across a new property that I just signed a contract on. A neighbor of  mine stopped by the house when he was driving by just to chat for a minute or two. During the conversation he mentioned that a lady who is the administrator for the estate that owns a mobile home  located about 1,000 feet from my driveway was getting ready to sell the property.  The next day I decide to go to the mobile home to meet the lady and to inquire about the home. 

I knocked on the door and stepped back a little ways so she would feel more comfortable coming to the door. I introduced myself and told her that I live just a couple houses down from her. I explained that another neighbor had told me that she might be thinking about selling the house and asked her if that was correct. She said there is no thinking about it, I'm selling it. She then showed me the property. After looking at the home she said I have to tell you something...(paraphrased)

/before you knocked on my door I was praying and something told me to cancel my appointment I had with a realtor today, get a glass of wine, and take it easy for the afternoon. Right after I cancelled the appointment, got my glass of wine, and sat down you knocked on my door and asked if I was selling the house./

At that point this nice 72 year old stressed out lady started to cry and said it is amazing how God works. She lives several hours away and has been here at the house going through its contents, trying to sell what she can, and then sell the house. She said she has been missing her medical appointments back home and was overwhelmed by everything. This home needs some rehab and she was concerned it was going to complicate her effort to sell it. Then I knocked on the door and I specialize in distressed properties. 

I am about to have one of these stories I believe.. will know tomorrow.. will come back and share.. God is everywhere!

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Tennessee
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Tennessee
Replied Mar 25 2024, 10:31

John,

I'm looking forward to hearing the details.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Caleb Brown
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Blue Springs
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Blue Springs
Replied Mar 25 2024, 10:46

Boom! These are the best stories

User Stats

Votes
Peter Mckernan
  • Residential Real Estate Agent
  • Irvine, CA
Votes |
  • Residential Real Estate Agent
  • Irvine, CA
Replied Mar 25 2024, 11:03
Quote from @Shawn Parsh:

Nice! These are always good when they fall right in your hands, and they do not always happen like this.. but when they do they are so good! 

One of my very first open houses.. I was hosting and sitting there while people walked in and out. This family came in that day loved the house, and walked around and around.. While they walked around they got my contact info and kept it to reach out. They reached out the next day and wanted to write and offer with me as their buyer's agent. I ended up writing that offer and it got accepted right after that weekend. It was the right place and the right house for them.. It was great to be part of something for me so easy, and their home that they are still in today 6 years later.. 

• Real Estate Agent Ca (#01968986)

The McKernan Group Logo

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Tennessee
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Tennessee
Replied Mar 25 2024, 11:33
Quote from @Peter Mckernan:
Quote from @Shawn Parsh:

Nice! These are always good when they fall right in your hands, and they do not always happen like this.. but when they do they are so good! 

One of my very first open houses.. I was hosting and sitting there while people walked in and out. This family came in that day loved the house, and walked around and around.. While they walked around they got my contact info and kept it to reach out. They reached out the next day and wanted to write and offer with me as their buyer's agent. I ended up writing that offer and it got accepted right after that weekend. It was the right place and the right house for them.. It was great to be part of something for me so easy, and their home that they are still in today 6 years later.. 

Peter, 

Thanks for sharing your story.