I recently bought a flip house and upon starting on the house I was shocked when we had no water.
The neighbor of the property was sharing his well with the house, he and the deceased owner had a verbal agreement, nothing was filed.
Before I bought the house, I found a 3 inch pipe with a spicket and electrical wiring going to it. I figured it was the well and did not bother to check if it worked, i buy houses as is and dont mind replacing the pumps or piping if needed. I had purchased title insurance and they did not find anything regarding this. My question is would title insurance kick in regarding this issue?
Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
2y
@Dennis Carter II
Not an attorney but I do not see why title insurance would cover this as there was no written agreement that was missed it was verbal - there was nothing they missed.
Sounds like your best bet is to drill your own well.