Skip to content
Rehabbing & House Flipping
Account Closed
  • Educator, Investor, Entrepreneur
  • Philadelphia , Pennsylvania
Votes |
What are the estimates for rehab repairs/demo/rebuild for Philadelphia? I am looking for ball park figures, highs and lows.

Account Closed
  • Educator, Investor, Entrepreneur
  • Philadelphia , Pennsylvania
Posted Apr 5 2014, 23:47

Hello everyone,

I am looking to rehab a property in Philadelphia and I need to get a ball park figure of what my costs will be. I am just pricing and planning and I wanted an estimate here before I started calling around so I know what is realistic and what is not. It is in the Wissahickon and Walnut lane area if that matters. The property is in terrible condition, mold from pipes bursting in the bathroom flooding the kitchen and basement(about a year ago now), sever roof damage (it has been sited by L&I) and water damage to the front wall(2 stories worth), and I am sure a host of other minor issues not to mention Nothing is up to date.

I just wanted to ask the rehab-ers out there what the ball park range is for rehabs in the area. Anyone in Eastfalls, Roxborough, Germantown, areas especially would probably have an idea. Hoping to get a ball park idea of what it costs to demolish and rebuild a house as well. Although I am thinking about trying to change zoning and rebuild it into either condos or apartments if I have to demo it.

I have heard the costs are about $40-60 sq. ft. to rehab, $13,000-$30,000 for demo and $70-130 sq. ft. for building. Are these accurate for the area?

According to my propstream software it is 2bd, 1bath and 2 stories(although it is actually 3, it has an attic which was used as a 3rd bedroom) Built in 1900, 1120 sq. ft. house, and 3600 sq. ft lot. Land use SFR? (I'm not sure what that means yet) and zoning code R5 (also not sure what that means yet)

With what I have for information it should cost $44,800-67,200 to rehab and if I need to demo about $6,700-16,500 for demo and about $78,400-145,600 to rebuild. Does this sound about right? Or is this high or low? What is deconstruction costs in the area? Is that method even employed in this area? Any info will be helpful.

As always thank you so much for your time. I know all too well how precious time is and I appreciate you taking time out of your life to take interest in mine.

Sincerely,

Lee Nicole Salinis