Skip to content
Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes
Teresa Keith
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Duluth, GA
Votes |
My First Rehab Project, Do I need Permits?

Teresa Keith
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Duluth, GA
Posted May 10 2014, 11:15

Hello all...

I am working on my first rehab project and have a few questions I hope you seasoned investors will answer. The project is for a duplex built in 1920; both units have 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, and of course a living room and kitchen. It is in a low-income area, and was vandalized.

Both units need rewiring, and plumbing. Both bathrooms need to be gutted down to the studs, and the kitchen in the first unit needs to be gutted down to the studs. Furthermore, the ceiling above the atticin one of the bedrooms in the first unit was cut out, and the HVAC was removed from the vandalism.

The hardwood in both units look good enough just to refinish them. We also need to paint the interior and exterior of the duplex. The major lawn work is to trim the branches off of a tree in the back yard that is hanging over the duplex. Oh, and the first unit has a small deck off the kitchen that looks like rotten wood.

My question is: should I look into getting permits? If so,what kind of permits do you think I will need, and how do I go about getting them?

Thanks!

Loading replies...