• New to Real Estate
  • Glendale, CA
Votes |
need some guidance

Steve Nazari
  • New to Real Estate
  • Glendale, CA
Posted May 12 2014, 00:25

Live in So Cal (valley). Struggling to figure out my approach on flipping houses in my area. I have a good team set up already. Agent (wife), architect (father in Law), GC (Uncle), Hvac & Plumbing (childhood friends).

I have light experience in renovating houses. I recently managed my parents renovation & all the recent updates in my house.

Me and my wife have been actively searching the MLS. We have come across a few properties that have some great potential. A couple of Short sales, foreclosures, etc. were great deals. It would have been AMAZING to have the funds to put in an offer.

My issues:

1. So cal prices are much higher than other parts of the country. Most houses we're interested in range from $500,00-$700,000. which means we need a minimum of $100,000-$140,000 for a down which we don't have.

2. also my credit and income aren't strong enough to allow another loan under my name either.

So what do I do? I am 100% confident I can get the job done. If the right property comes along I know I can make some money. How do I get over the funding Hurdle?

Does a private lender fund the entire loan amount?

any suggestions, strategies or comments would be great appreciated.

Also there is an all cash Shortsale at $325k houses in that area are going for $650-$700

Loading replies...