Votes
Jacob Powell
  • Grants Pass, OR
Votes |
Help, New guy is so lost.

Jacob Powell
  • Grants Pass, OR
Posted Jul 4 2014, 09:19

First, thank you for taking the time to review my post.

I've spent hours reading forms, books, and going to seminars. I'm looking to get a couple honest straight answer.

I've been into real estate since I was 22 from a hobby stand point. I love home design, and architecture. For the past 9 years I've watch programs on HGTV and DIY about flipping homes, renovating, and redesigning to resell. Since 2007 I've been trying to come up with my own funds to start this industry, but between the recession and loosing employment I haven't been able to.

I've found several properties for sale in my own area where renovations are minimal and profits could be between $15k and $40k low and high $80k. And its depressing because I don't have the capital. I've checked out these places claiming, "No credit, no money, no problem!" to much disappointment.

Question 1. Is finding investors willing to front the capital, in exchange for a full reimbursement  plus 15% to 50% of the profit just a pipe dream?

Question 2. Any good suggestions on where to go or how to proceed to get the capital/investors?

Any assistance offered is very much appreciated, thank you.

Loading replies...