Rehabbing & House Flipping
Account Closed
  • Grapevine, TX
Votes |
Analyzing rehab deals

Account Closed
  • Grapevine, TX
Posted Jul 26 2014, 20:44

I am fairly new to the site and new to REI but want to get in the game with a flip. I have a few questions that have been rolling around in my head and I am hoping to get some feedback. Any help is much appreciated!

1. I work a full time job with a fairly demanding schedule.  Typically 45-50+ hrs/wk without working on weekends.  Is it reasonable to think that I could act as GC on a project of minimum scope (carpet, paint, minimal aesthetic upgrades, landscape etc...)? I get the feeling that its inevitable that I would be fielding phone calls and emails throughout the day and could hold up the project without prompt attention and response. Does anyone else have experience with this?

2. I have a potential investor that could fund the purchase price + repairs.  However, in order to reduce the amount of the loan and hopefully max profits I am exploring alternative ways to finance repairs.  I am expecting repairs to be in the 20-30k range. Anyone have ideas or should I just plan on using investor money for repairs, be happy with the profit I get, and learn for the next time?

Loading replies...