Another Bathroom Rehab - Before and After Pics with Material Sku List!

Another Bathroom Rehab - Before and After Pics with Material Sku List!

Real Estate Consultant · Alpharetta, GA · Member since 2014 · 661 posts · 400 votes

Installing a new glass block window in the main hallway bathroom really added a nice touch, but the tile choices from Home Depot are what really put the upstairs bathroom “over the top.” Just look at the before and after pictures, and you can hardly tell that it’s the same bathroom. But the most drastic change—probably more drastic than any house we’ve done—is the downstairs bathroom. The downstairs toilet used to be located in the middle of a utility area. Our contractor ingeniously relocated the water heater and concealed it behind a closet area next to the furnace and other utilities, thus allowing us to finish off the downstairs bathroom with drywall walls and tile flooring. Instead of an ugly, unfinished utility area, this downstairs room became a very spacious half bathroom.

Here are some of the Home Depot SKU’s we used in the bathrooms:

Floor Tile – 6”x24? Montagna Saddle (193-629)
Floor Grout – Bone (123-852)
Shower Tile – 13”x20” Broadmoor Platinum (1000-012-487)
Shower Accent – Arctic Storm (369-501)
Shower Grout – Bone (123-851)
Vanity – Glacier Bay Renditions (637-327)
Vanity – St. Paul Madeline 24” (628-505)
Shower Faucets – Banbury 1-Handle Tub/Shower (243-261)
Bathtubs – 5? Aloha White (478-640)
Toilets – Dual Flush by Glacier Bay (215-583)
Faucets – Glacier Bay Buildiers 4? 2-Handle (247-368)
Mirrors – 22?x28? Brushed Nickel Frame (481-166)
Lighting – Hampton Bay 3-light Brushed Nickel (610-563)
Towel Bar Set – Greenwich 3-piece Bath Accessory Kit in Satin Nickel (690-977)

1Reply
28 views

Most Popular Reply

Anaheim, CA · Member since 2014 · 163 posts · 51 votes
11y

@Andrew Cordle 

I like how you broke down the SKU's

Nice Job.

Cheers

See this reply in the discussion

19 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Somerset, NJ · Member since 2012 · 47 posts · 43 votes
    12y
    Very nice. Thanks for sharing
  • Real Estate Broker · Pueblo, CO · Member since 2013 · 366 posts · 303 votes
    12y

    good stuff.  how are you enclosing the tub?  curtain? slider?

  • Contractor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 105 posts · 28 votes
    12y

    Wow, what a difference! Those wood pattern floor tiles, bigger window, & shower tiles really open up the space. 

    By the way, I like how you laid the tiles out horizontally (width wise). It really makes the space seem a lot larger. Well done! 

  • Seattle, WA · Member since 2014 · 77 posts · 5 votes
    11y

    How many labor hours roughly. I ask because I am planning on doing same and need an estimate.

  • Anaheim, CA · Member since 2014 · 163 posts · 51 votes
    11y

    @Andrew Cordle 

    I like how you broke down the SKU's

    Nice Job.

    Cheers

  • Real Estate Consultant · Alpharetta, GA · Member since 2014 · 661 posts · 400 votes
    11y

    @Paul Ortiz

    Thanks for the compliment please let me know if you ever need anything.

    AC

  • Anaheim, CA · Member since 2014 · 163 posts · 51 votes
    11y

    @Andrew Cordle 

    No problem, I definitely will reach out. 

    Also really enjoy your videos, really well produce.

    P.S.

    Attention BiggerPockets members If you have stumble across Andrew Cordle YouTube channel. Your missing out, the videos are really well produce and in HD quality.

    But the real bonus is the content of information that Andrew provides is really on Point.

    So if you have a few minutes of free time, its worth the time check it out.

    Cheers

  • Investor · Edmond, OK · Member since 2011 · 166 posts · 31 votes
    11y

    Wow, that looks great! Good job!

  • Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 688 votes
    11y

    looks good. though I was never a fan of that wood looking ceramic tile...but that's a personal preference....

  • Real Estate Consultant · Alpharetta, GA · Member since 2014 · 661 posts · 400 votes
    11y

    @Paul Ortiz

    Hey man, I really appreciate those kind words. I go to the studio almost every single week of my life to make videos and podcast.  I often wonder does anyone listen or watch any of them. 

    I am so glad you enjoy them. 

    I have a really cool video series that is about to come out on flipping houses. In my opinion it is the best thing I have ever produced...

    Thanks Again. 

    Andrew

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2014 · 285 posts · 142 votes
    11y

    @Andrew Cordle Looks great. The window solution is really neat. What did you do for flooring in the rest of the house? I thought about the wood-looking tile from HD for a bath or kitchen, but was afraid it would clash with the other types of "wood" flooring in the house. 

  • Real Estate Consultant · Alpharetta, GA · Member since 2014 · 661 posts · 400 votes
    11y

    @Lee L.

    Great question about the wood tile and the rest of the flooring. I have to admit that was the biggest thing that was going on in our minds was what about the rest of the flooring. 

    Because we were doing about 50 houses that year we did test it out and it worked ok, but I would have to say that I would not do it again where a bathroom floor and a hardwood floor from a hallway or such connected. Carpet to bathroom wood tile would be ok. 

    AC

  • Real Estate Investor · Hagerstown, MD · Member since 2013 · 276 posts · 107 votes
    11y
    Anyone else not able to view the pics in the iPhone app?
  • Real Estate Consultant · Alpharetta, GA · Member since 2014 · 661 posts · 400 votes
    11y

    @Mike Webb

    I just checked and yes the BP app. Is not showing the pics right now.

    Weird. Sorry

    AC

  • Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2012 · 98 posts · 58 votes
    11y

    Now THAT is a sexy bathroom! Great work! 

    Now... I have to be "That Guy". Have you considered installing a GFCI for the outlet above the sink?

  • Real Estate Consultant · Alpharetta, GA · Member since 2014 · 661 posts · 400 votes
    11y

    @Marcus Curtis

    Hey man, thanks for the compliment. 

    As far as the GFCI above the sink...

    If you can zoom in on it you will actually notice that it is a GFCI. The two little breaker buttons are white instead of black and red. I am not sure why my guys used the all white versions. 

    Anyway, you put it, good catch. 


    AC

  • Jerry W.Pro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Thermopolis, WY · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    Wow great job on the bathroom.  @Marcus Curtis good catch on the GFI.  Code requires it, and its a 5 minute swap out.

  • Real Estate Investor · chandler, AZ · Member since 2014 · 72 posts · 23 votes
    11y

    is that a blue tub?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.