How much does it cost to finish a basement?

5 Replies

Is there a general rule of thumb to estimating the cost of finishing a basement. Say there's nothing but wood and concrete.

Hi @Omari Brown  

Depends on a lot of factors. What all are you looking to add in the basement? Will you need to move electrical? What about plumbing lines? How many bathrooms will you be adding? What kind of materials will you be using?

But to finish a 1,000+ sq ft basement, the price will be upwards of $10,000 for a very basic finish.

This is actually about a lead I received today. I am going to see the property tomorrow and was wondering how to work that into my total rehab estimate. Thanks! @Sharad M.  

@Omari Brown  Cool. Good luck with the lead tomorrow. But don't go based off any ball park numbers. There are so many things that go into it and you want to have some accurate numbers.

@Sharad M.  Words of wisdom! I'll keep that in mind.

too many factors to estimate. If you are hiring it all done, it could be very expensive. You could very easily have $10,000 in electric and plumbing alone. Tile and carpet another 4 or 5. Walls, paint, trim, permits. Air handlers, everything is expensive.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.