Real Estate Broker · Mount Olive, IL · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 310 votes
11y
Welcome to BP.
Sometimes you could buy appliances at (rent a center) stores where appliances are in fairly good shape and you could buy them at a deep discounted price.
Investor · Jensen Beach, FL · Member since 2014 · 132 posts · 33 votes
11y
@Tyler Smiarowski, when I bought my personal residence, I used the Iowa Appliance Center. They're in Marion... they give you a small discount if you buy a whole set. I think we're going to use them for appliances for our flip.
Real Estate Agent · Smyrna, GA · Member since 2014 · 185 posts · 101 votes
11y
Georgia has a few scratch and dent stores that sell everything from ovens, mircowaves, stoves, refrigerators, and washer and dryers. Most scratch and dents develop good relationships with rental investors because they know they'll receive the repeat business. Check to see if there are any in your area.
Investor · Marion, IA · Member since 2014 · 45 posts · 20 votes
11y
We've bought some recently at Star Appliance in Marion. They have some decent deals on scratch and dent and some of their new stuff is reasonably priced too - plus they gave us a small discount for buying multiples and let you store them there for a while after you buy.
Real Estate Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 16 posts · 6 votes
11y
Craigslist was my answer as well because oftentimes folks are clearing out the entire new appliances in a home they just bought to put in their preferred appliances. Also a good go to for the smaller appliance repair stores that sell their repaired items on CL, sometimes with a brief store warranty.
Residential Real Estate Agent · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2013 · 59 posts · 17 votes
11y
Try Sears Outlet Stores. Oftentimes you can find separate appliances of the same brand far less than "packages" at the big box stores. And yes, you can find good deals on appliances other than scratch and dent. Or the scratch or dent may be on the side or back where it's out of view. And they have refurbished products, too.
Real Estate Investor · Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2014 · 145 posts · 60 votes
11y
I personally use craigslist for the stove and fridge. The down-side with used appliances is moving them and the longevity. However, for the discount, I can afford to buy replacements. Microwaves at big box stores are $150. The most difficult one is the dishwasher. Used dishwashers are generally nasty.
If you buy appliances on craigslist, write yourself a receipt so you can depreciate the purchase on your taxes appropriately (and send use tax to the state).
Ikea has appliances but they're not much cheaper than big box stores.
In the Twin Cities we have some scratch and dent places including Appliancesmart.
Real Estate Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2014 · 236 posts · 328 votes
11y
I think the answer will vary by region. When I lived in the northeast, PC Richard (a large appliance store in the tri-state area) had a wholesale division that sold to mom & pop appliance stores. They also sold to apartment complexes and real estate developers if you have a corporation and set up a commercial account with them.
A lot of places also have "scratch and dent" items that they will sell you at a discount (generally stuff that got dinged or scratched during a delivery and the store had to take back).
Real Estate Broker · Mount Olive, IL · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 310 votes
11y
Welcome to BP.
Sometimes you could buy appliances at (rent a center) stores where appliances are in fairly good shape and you could buy them at a deep discounted price.
Professional · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2011 · 51 posts · 17 votes
11y
I like the package pricing at Best Buy (Pacific Sales) for the low end flips. I just went shopping this week for an upgraded package and found the lowest price and free delivery at Lowes. I also agree that Sears Outlet or even Sears can have some great deals on returned or closeout items.
Investor · Joliet, IL · Member since 2013 · 59 posts · 32 votes
11y
I agree too, Sears Outlet. I got a nice stainless steel kitchen a few weeks ago for around $1500. You can look at the stock and prices online, but make sure you actually go to the store to view any scratch and dent items. Some are fine, some are not.
Real Estate Agent · Chesterfield, MO · Member since 2014 · 101 posts · 28 votes
11y
I like sears outlet and other discount appliance stores in the our area. I also like commercial/contractors/builders packages available at Lowes or home depot. The package for four can be bought at a decent price. Works well if you have their card that gives you another 5% discount.