Votes
Andrew Moore
  • McCloud (Mt. Shasta), CA
Votes |
House hacking a rehab..

Andrew Moore
  • McCloud (Mt. Shasta), CA
Posted Jan 1 2015, 14:56

A hearty hello to the great nebulous mind that is BP.

Currently I live on the south side of Mt. Shasta at 5000', completely off grid, all to my design.

This takes up an incredible amount of time to keep all systems running. It's time to get off of this mountain and get to work.

Work- though I have a pretty extensive background in RE, from management of highrises in S.F. to working for a Master Appraiser in Sacramento, more management and asst positions in Seattle, multi-mill prospectus writing, and I've flipped two homes in Portland to a decent success. All that said, I've been studying to be a home inspector in my fine state of CA- and I've just been picked up by Home Inspectors of America. My LLC is filed, am insured and am moments away from Nachi and CREIA certs as well.

Back to getting off of this mountain, so I can get to work... There is a family in the nearest town, whose members I've employed here on my property, and I've also rented an office from. One of the brothers has a small 2/1 for sale at $100k, and he owns it free and clear. I have no real down, but could borrow against this property I own, or hard money, or he could finance the whole thing at a strong rate and I could re-fi as soon as the note matures and in the meantime build equity (could use some lovin' + color) and refi asap with a conventional note. And on and on.

I meet them (as I've said, they know me (and I was always early with my rent, so that's history)) tomorrow at 10:15, at the property. No, I've not seen the inside yet, but I have comped it out and some of those classic (1914) 2/1s have cruised around at $175K.

Insights???

I need this house...

Thanks a mill!,

ADM

Loading replies...