Custom cabinet builder in Houston.

Custom cabinet builder in Houston.

Investor · Crosby, TX · Member since 2014 · 124 posts · 72 votes
Hello fellow investors! I am looking for a custom cabinet builder in the Houston area if anyone knows of such a person. I find that when/if I use lowes or home depot "in stock" grade MDF cabinets, that when the tenant forgets to tell me there is a leak, the cabinets are basically ruined. I think I would like to try all wood cabinets, while they are more expensive now, I think they will hold up better over time. Thoughts? Contractor recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
0Reply
34 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Crosby, TX · Member since 2014 · 124 posts · 72 votes
    11y

    Nothing? Can I get a bump?

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    11y

    I do not have a name for your area, but this thread will tell you how to find a more affordable alternative than full custom cabinets:

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/67/topics/1552...

  • Investor · Crosby, TX · Member since 2014 · 124 posts · 72 votes
    11y

    @Steve Babiak thanks! I hate cabinet shopping from the big box stores and I thought id try something different this time. 

  • Architect · West Monroe, LA · Member since 2014 · 137 posts · 16 votes
    11y

    Try calling the local NHBA/Remodel association. They have a category  of associates where the various trades are located. Best of luck.

  • Real Estate Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2014 · 147 posts · 32 votes
    11y

    Hi @Chris McDaniel ,

    I have a good contractor and he has a cabinet maker. I can put you in contact with him if you like. Send me an email and ill forward you his phone. 

    Good luck,

    Andres J.

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2014 · 18 posts · 7 votes
    11y

    Hi, @Chris McDaniel, 

    If you're still looking for someone, my stepdad is a carpenter. He's been working in the craft for about 15 years and has done tables, chairs, cabinets, trim work, windows, among other things. 

    If you've ever been to any of the "El Tiempo Cantina" locations, he's the one that did most of their woodwork. 

    I'll send you a request with more information. 

    -Josue Guzman

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.