Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes
Owen Dashner
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Omaha, NE
Votes |
Wireless, portable, cloud recording security camera solutions for vacant properties?

Owen Dashner
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Omaha, NE
Posted Mar 7 2015, 08:07

I am looking for a camera system that I can move from vacant property to vacant property as needed.  The properties will be under various stages of construction, will have electricity on, but will not have traditional internet access.

I am looking for something where I could possibly either use a portable wifi hotspot or 3G streaming to a cloud-based DVR type setup that I could access any time using the internet, and would have large enough storage to hold (at least) a week's worth of video, and would have night vision and motion sensing technology, and support multiple cameras for different sides of the house.

From the research I've done so far, it seems like most wireless cameras like this require a static IP address (i.e. a portable hotspot would not work).  Anyone have solutions they can recommend?

Verizon is my current wireless carrier, and I would be using this setup in and around the Omaha, NE area.

Thanks in advance!

Loading replies...