Contractor/Handyman in Tampa Area, where in the world do I start?

9 Replies

I have a pretty extensive rehab I'm starting this week and I'm looking for a contractor/handyman who can do a top to bottom rehab in the Tampa, Fl area. Does anyone have a referral on who I can call in this area? If you don't have a referral could you let me know some of the ways you have found "good" contractors?

message sent.

Aaron T., Elite Developers of Tampa Bay

You can use my dad :) Robert Peters 813 453 7737. 

How do you define Extensive? Tear-down?

Originally posted by @Manolo D. :

How do you define Extensive? Tear-down?

Exterior and Interior paint, all new flooring, kitchen completely replaced, bathrooms completely replaced, full landscaping front and back, electrical box replacement, new interior doors, new front door, tear down interior wall, clean all of roof and gutters...and I'm sure theres some other stuff to. 

Ouch. Good luck on that. :)

@Michael Linquist -- Josh here, a newer investor in the Atlanta market with seven doors. (Also known as: I do not have a lot of experience, so take my advice lightly!)

I heard a great tip on the BP podcast that recommended going to your local Home Depot at 6:00 AM. The contractors that are there right when the shop opens are the ones you want working on your property. Ask for a few cards, and when you call, ask for a few references. I bet you will find someone great.

Let us know how the project turns out. We want to learn from you and cheer you on!

I wish you all the best with this new venture. Cheers!

Starting next week but you don't have a contractor?  Doesn't look like you are starting anytime soon.  You don't want to hire a contractor that can "start right away".  In other words they are not busy at all

I wa wondering the same as @Scott K.

How are you going to start such an extensive project next week? 

Vetting contractors will take some time and I recommend you take your time finding one. Best of luck with your search.

Pyrrha

Originally posted by @Scott K. :

Starting next week but you don't have a contractor?  Doesn't look like you are starting anytime soon.  You don't want to hire a contractor that can "start right away".  In other words they are not busy at all

Good point, I will begin to review some of the contractors given to me, and it may take a little longer than this week to begin rehab. Thank you so much for the suggestions and recommendations!!