Votes
Kyle Alberry
  • Watertown, NY
Votes |
What path to take?

Kyle Alberry
  • Watertown, NY
Posted Jul 15 2015, 18:14

Hello again guys! I have been a part of these forums for a while, and I would like to ask a specific question regarding my situation. I am 19 years old and I recently got my real estate licence, ultimately, to get into real estate investing. I did not finish college and I decided to get a job while living at my parents house because I was told I should learn about the business before I start investing, so I became working as an agent. I was working at a small firm for a couple days (I am their only agent who is not family) and I found their training to be very flawed, and all I found myself doing was being a secretary , but I am getting paid on commission! 

I was only doing this because my father wants to get into flipping too. I figure if it will take me 6-8 months to get a $3000 commission check (houses are ~$120k here), we should just be trying to flip with a HML, work 8-12 months to potentially get a $20000 check.

I do not like working as an agent, and I would rather do something else, I am just wondering if I should try to jump into flipping with my father, or work as an agent for while and switch to a bigger more systematized brokerage. Or should I stay in the smaller brokerage? 

I am a good number cruncher, I like working with numbers and I have been studying biggerpockets and reading books for about 3 years. I am just wondering what path you guys think I should take if I want to start flipping.

Thanks,

Kyle

Loading replies...