• Allen, TX
Votes |
Effective systems for watering the foundation

Rajiv Nair
  • Investor
  • Allen, TX
Posted Aug 3 2015, 09:54

Hello BP Gurus,

I have a rental property in Allen, Texas (North Dallas-Forth worth area) and its recommended to keep the immediate area around the foundation watered, to avoid foundation issues. I have gone through multiple automatic sprinkler systems (bought from home-depot/lowes) in the course of 5 years and none of them lasts more than a year unfortunately. I wanted to get some tips/ recommendations from folks who have implemented cost effective systems with longer lifespan and less maintenance. Thank you for your time.

Kind Regards,

Rajiv

User Stats

Votes
Will G.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Maryville, Tn
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Maryville, Tn
Replied Aug 7 2015, 19:28

soaker hoses on a timer?

User Stats

Votes
Rajiv Nair
  • Investor
  • Allen, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Allen, TX
Replied Aug 8 2015, 08:25

Thanks for the response, but thats what we have and there are no issues with the soaker hoes as such just the timer needs to be changed quite frequently and I was wondering if there was a more durable brand out there.

Anyways, we have purchased another and would be fixing it up soon.

Kind Regards,

Rajiv

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jon Q.
  • Investor
  • Berkeley, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Berkeley, CA
Replied Aug 8 2015, 09:14
Originally posted by @Rajiv Nair:

Thanks for the response, but thats what we have and there are no issues with the soaker hoes as such just the timer needs to be changed quite frequently and I was wondering if there was a more durable brand out there.

Anyways, we have purchased another and would be fixing it up soon.

Kind Regards,

Rajiv

Yes, soaker hose with a timer. You sound like you're all set.  Just make sure the timer batteries are changes out regularly.

User Stats

Votes
Rajiv Nair
  • Investor
  • Allen, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Allen, TX
Replied Aug 8 2015, 09:16

Thats right Jon.. all set for now.. Hope the rain/hail doesn't kill this before its time :)

Kind Regards,

Rajiv