Successfully closing my first deal.

3 Replies

Hi everyone. I have a (potential) private lender and a target property . The property is up for auction with a starting bid of $50,000. How do I decide how much to borrow, win the bid and still have enough left over to make repairs? How do I present a convincing deal to my lender? Finally, does anyone know of any free, real estate investor tools I can use?

I am no expert as I am still very new myself but it sounds like you may want to do a little more research before buying at an auction.  From what I have read they are very competitive and the questions you are asking seem to me to be something you should already have answered before buying a property.  Just my two cents.  

If you do buy the property I wish you all the success possible. 

Thanks Michael. I appreciate your response and I will continue researching. It's just easier and less tedious to come right out and ask people with experience, versus spending a few more hours sifting through Google.

I've heard great things from people who attend at the auctions. There you can see the process first hand and get a feel for it. It's possible to make connections and get some questions answered. 

Me personally, I've never been to a house auction. I too have heard how competitive it can be and especially risky if you are new to investing. 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.