• Accountant
  • New Orleans, LA
Votes |
Possible First Investment

Jordan Cardwell
  • Accountant
  • New Orleans, LA
Posted Sep 7 2015, 16:32
I'm very knew to the REI world. As in, I started really considering it yesterday, but I quite possibly could have my first deal. My predicament is whether I'm jumping in too soon, or should I go for it because of how good the opportunity is. My dad plans to move from Mandeville, LA to Lake Charles, LA. He wants to sell his house which is about 70% renovated. He has three liens on the property. One is the mortgage two are judgments. Therefore, he wants to just sell the house for what's left in the mortgage and let the other two judgments follow him. He also wants a new vehicle out of the deal. Here are the numbers on the property: Mortgage: $95,000 Vehicle: $20,000-$30,000 Home size: 2800 sq ft Avg comps: $110/sq ft Reno Cost: $40,000-$75,000 ARV: 65% LTV: 65% Profit Potential: $80,000-$110,000 The comps and reno cost have been verified via home builders and real estate agents who have walked through the house. This opportunity seems way too good to pass up, but I'm worried I don't have enough knowledge to pull it off. I'll leave it to the community to give me their thoughts.

Loading replies...