Need Roofer in East Bay (California)

6 Replies

Hi,

I just purchased a home in the east bay for a flip.  However, I'm surprised to see the quotes for an overlay roof.  The current roof is composite shingles and is original, roughly 30 years old.  There's no water damage or anything.  However, it's starting to show wear.

Since it's only 1 layer, I believe I can overlay without an issue.  Does anyone know a roofer for the east bay area?

Thanks!

I'm working on a place in Concord right now and I just got a quote from Cornell Roofing, I've also gotten good recommendations for Walnut Creek roofing and Lafayette roofing.

Where is your flip?

Thanks, I'm out in suisun city. Are you reroofing or doing a complete tear off?  Do you mind me asking how much are the quotes?  I got a quote for 6700 for reroof which I thought was outrageous.  

Originally posted by @Chheang Yang :

Thanks, I'm out in suisun city. Are you reroofing or doing a complete tear off?  Do you mind me asking how much are the quotes?  I got a quote for 6700 for reroof which I thought was outrageous.  

Doesn't it depend on the size or squares that you need done?  Hard to compare without knowing that.

@jeff tang, you're absolutely right. I should have said it... home is single story, 1400sqft.  I don't recall the math for squares, but it's not a huge amount.

Originally posted by @Chheang Yang :

@jeff tang, you're absolutely right. I should have said it... home is single story, 1400sqft.  I don't recall the math for squares, but it's not a huge amount.

One Square = 100 Square Feet.  Also, is the 1400 SF the livable space or the roof SF? Will need to multiply footprint area by a roof pitch factor to get a true estimate.

what's the cost per square?  It's 16sq.