How to pull Equity from Investment Property

6 Replies

BP folks,

I am looking for some guidance on a current issue. I have an investment property that I need to pull equity out of. I asked for some financing to purchase and rehab it and now it is coming due. 

I wanted to get suggestions on how to pull equity from the property. I own the property outright, but I only had it for 3 months. I know that I can't get a mortgage on it or a line of credit until I had for 6 months minimum (Texas). I know I could flip it, but I rather keep it as a rental.

Any suggestions on how to pull equity out of it?

I would appreciate any help or guidance!

Originally posted by @Jaime Arredondo : I know that I can't get a mortgage on it or a line of credit until I had for 6 months minimum (Texas).!

You write that as if it is a TX law but my guess is it is simply the requirements of the lenders you have approached. Generally smaller banks and institutions will have more flexible requirements. 

Possibly a hard money lender would do a short term loan with the goal of refinancing them out later. Or perhaps a private lender, friends family or associates, that you could use the property as collateral. If you have a personal home maybe you could use this as additional cross collateral for a home equity line.

i heard on podcast #116 in the intro (minute 3:45 into it) about  B2R finance. They offer loans for rental investors. Check them out. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the reply @Ned Carey

Maybe you are right and it is the lenders I talked to. They all stated they can't lend unless I have owned it for 6 months. I will have to keep asking other banks. 

The other option I hadn't considered was the hard money lender. I haven't looked into one and maybe it is the answer I am looking for (at least in the short term).

I will keep you updated.

Thanks!

Thanks @David Morgan !

I appears that B2R finances on amounts greater than what I need, but I will still ask!

Thanks for your suggestion!

On a side note: I found that "Delayed Financing" is an option too, but I can only get as much as I paid for it and not the new appraised value. 

Delayed financing......uhm..another new idea to learn about. There is always something to learn.

Thanks

@Jaime Arredondo   I would shop around smaller local banks/ Credit Unions. If you have an urgent need most hard money lenders would be able to work with you.

I'm with @David Morgan delayed financing is an interesting/creative approach. 

Keep us updated on your route.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.