Votes
Gerrit Stukkie
  • Ann Arbor, MI
Votes |
Lease Option to Flip?

Gerrit Stukkie
  • Ann Arbor, MI
Posted Oct 14 2015, 06:47

Has anyone ever used a Lease/Option to control a property, with the intent to flip it? How did that look?

My current situation, there are some houses in my neighborhood that I'm certain would need little work (I haven't been in them, but they are circa 2000 and cookie cutter like mine).

There is the potential, assuming a low enough offer is accepted to make $30k+ (hopefully closer to 50k), and if needed to be rented, would cashflow.

The downside that I think I see is that we are going into the winter months, and it is mostly a live-in homeowner type of neighborhood, so there could be a couple months of hold before it gets flipped/rented.

Thanks in advance!

User Stats

Votes
Brian Gibbons#5 Guru, Book, & Course Reviews Contributor
  • Investor
  • Sherman Oaks, CA
Votes |
Brian Gibbons#5 Guru, Book, & Course Reviews Contributor
  • Investor
  • Sherman Oaks, CA
Replied Oct 14 2015, 09:30

@Gerrit Stukkie

You want to plan to farm areas to do lease option assignments or lease purchase.

You:

1. Find a seller that needs to sell: I like expired listings.

2. Find a renter that wants a lease to own home (easier than getting a seller)

3. Enter into a lease with option or lease purchase with the seller, then sell your interests.  You are selling your paperwork for a 3% fee or so.

PM me if you want to talk about it.

User Stats

Votes
Gerrit Stukkie
  • Ann Arbor, MI
Votes |
  • Ann Arbor, MI
Replied Oct 19 2015, 08:49

@Brian Gibbons

Thanks for the insight on that. It seems easier than doing the full flip like I was thinking.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jim Keller
  • Investor
  • Riverside, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Riverside, CA
Replied Oct 19 2015, 10:09
Originally posted by @Gerrit Stukkie:

@Brian Gibbons

Thanks for the insight on that. It seems easier than doing the full flip like I was thinking.

Gerrit

Brian in my opinion knows what he is talking about, in just 30 min on the phone he helped me a lot. I have located and put under contract 2 lease purchases in the last 60 days. The first we are in the middle of flipping and the second because of the condition and LTV we are wholesaling. Both of these deals were very easy to work with, the best part is the sellers have been so helpful. We have virtually no money cost for the purchase, a real win win for everyone.