Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes
Andy Webb
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Carrollton, TX
Votes |
Just formed LLC to flip - what insurance do we need?

Andy Webb
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Carrollton, TX
Posted Oct 19 2015, 08:50

Hi all,

We are broadening our REI to a new phase - retail flipping. We are partnered (Texas LLC) with a few other experienced rental-rehabbers to try our hand at retail flips.

We are familiar with the builder's risk insurance we need to have on the property itself. Is there any other sort of insurance that the experienced folks would recommend for the LLC itself or for any other part of the process?

Thanks!

Andy

Highland Properties Logo

User Stats

Votes
Jason Bott
Pro Member
#2 Insurance Contributor
  • Insurance Agent
  • Nationwide
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 Insurance Contributor
  • Insurance Agent
  • Nationwide
Replied Oct 19 2015, 14:20

@Andy Webb  a builders risk policy only covers damage to the building.  So you will need to purchase a separate Liability policy.

You should know There are insurance policies that combined the builders risk/ Liability/ vacant building exposure.  These policies are made for flippers and much less restrictive that buying and canceling policies everytime you purchase or sell a flip. 

I'll PM you the info

Account Closed
  • Stillwater, MN
Votes |
  • Stillwater, MN
Replied Oct 29 2015, 19:09
Originally posted by @Jason Bott:

@Andy Webb  a builders risk policy only covers damage to the building.  So you will need to purchase a separate Liability policy.

You should know There are insurance policies that combined the builders risk/ Liability/ vacant building exposure.  These policies are made for flippers and much less restrictive that buying and canceling policies everytime you purchase or sell a flip. 

I'll PM you the info

Jason would you mind sending me a PM with that info? I just formed my LLC and need to get things in order before pursuing deals.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.