where to start looking for some startup money???

3 Replies

Our original plan was to completely remodel our house then refinance for our start up money for our first flip. Its been 2 years the house is done and we did it while I worked 60+ hours a week, I had surgery, my wife had 2 surgeries and we went through 2 pregnancies. The problem we have now is we have to consolidate our debts caused by the surgeries and time missed from work during the recoveries or we will be putting ourselves in a horrible position to start our first flip. There goes the majority of our refinance money. So now we are looking into how to get financing to start this. We just don't know where to start. Someone please point me in the right direction.

Friends and Family are usually the best place for a beginner to start. If you don't feel comfortable there, you can find a smoking hot deal and look for a partner to do a joint venture with. You'll probably end up splitting the deal 50/50, but at least you'll find some financial backing. Hard money is always an option if the numbers are right, but the money is expensive.

-Christopher

@Jared Borgwardt  

Refinancing is a great way to consolidate debt,  and most likely reducing your payments and interest rate. Have you been pre-qualified? That is the first place you want to start. Maybe you will still have some money left over for a down payment on a buy and hold property. 

• On a primary residence you can pull out up to 80% LTV on a SFR and up to 75% LTV on 2-4 unit multi-families.

unfortunately we only know 1 person that financially could help us and he doesn't want to because that means he will lose his A team foremen and next superintendent sooner then if we have to track $ down. Talk about someone trying to hold you back. We have found our smoking deal just need to get it before it disappears. We are almost through the refinance now just had our appraisal, the waiting game has started. I am trying to stay away from hard money loans but starting to think that might be our only option.