First flip/first partnership

First flip/first partnership

Moberly, MO · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 1 vote

I have an opportunity to do my first flip by partnering with a friend. He already owns the house and has been renting it. Now he wants to flip it but has no cash nor credit. He wants to supply the house and I supply the renovation budget. We split profit 50-50. I am wondering how we should work out a contract together. Should I get my name on the house as a co-owner or is there a way to have a contract that has me as an investor/contractor that doesn't allow him to sell the house and not pay me. I was also wondering if I set myself up as an investor and never actually own the house do I still pay capital gains tax?

0Reply
4 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.