Votes |
First investment property

Cody Barrett
  • Phoenix, AZ
Posted Feb 5 2016, 18:29

Hello everyone!

Thanks for taking a look.  

(Buy and hold property)

So I am working on closing my 1st property.  It is a 2/1 duplex, upper/lower units.  Beautiful home, excellent bones, built in1920, super well maintained, original woodwork, a few stain glassed windows adding character, etc.  Definitely could use some TLC in the kitchen and bathroom to make it worth more and bring it into the 21st century a little bit. 

I am afraid that I might go over board, though, spending too much on certain things because its what I would want if I lived there, kinda thing.... Yah know? I've read about it and my inspector warned me that was his big rookie mistake...  He was great at rehabbing and he put a lot of work into his first investment but then it wasn't really taken care of..

So my question is, since I haven't done this before lol...

Any tips on getting decent stuff (long lasting really) without getting caught up in trying to pull off some HGTV moves..? lol 

maybe some suggestions on a decent long lasting kitchen floor that is modern, sinks, countertops, cabinets, etc. Even bathroom advice, long lasting tubs, decent brand faucet/shower heads, sliding door or curtain? Even links to some blogs or videos on youtube would be awesome.. I love learning and I am totally excited about closing soon to begin my REI career!

Thanks everyone!

Cody

Loading replies...