Fix and flip and the market in Tucson,AZ

9 Replies

Hello BP community,

My name is Ornella, newbie here, brand new to investing. I am a property manager for 3 different apartments here in Tucson, and have lived here, for now, 3years and have a good credit, but so far that is the only experience I have in RE.

I'm looking into buying and flipping houses (still hesitating which one would be the best way to get started between flipping houses or house hacking) but also I'm 23 years old, would you recommend finding an other RE investor to team up with for my first deal?

I'm looking to get in touch with more people as well.

Thanks for reading, feel free to get in touch!

Ornella

Promotion
Guaranteed Rate
Guaranteed Rate is a top mortgage lender
Save $1,290 on your next home – no lender fee*
Get special perks like $1,290 in lender fee savings when you buy a second home with Guaranteed Rate.
Apply Now

Hi Orenella

Tucson is a very competitive market and inventories are very low. As a result profit margins are very thin here.  I think your going to find it tough to find a partner that is willing to split the profits.  You have to ask want are you bringing to the table? If its your work ethic then your not going to find anyone to partner with, maybe someone willing to hire you.  If you want a partner, you are going to need to bring either money to invest or find a deal that only you have access to.

@Michael Leung , thank you for responding to the post. 

And yes, I am looking to invest in RE, so of course, I would bring money to the table.

Also, I would appreciate if you could tell me where or how I can connect with other investors like you in Tucson, and fromthere be able to know how is the market in Tucson, and what would be the best way to start here (flipping houses or buying multi-family housing). 

Thank you

@Ornella Kaneza looks like this post hasn't chaged in over 2 years, but i hope you made the move to fix and flip or house hacked. Regardless, if your still interested please let us know. I'm working with another partner in raising money (at $38K, still raising) to do our first flip. 

We are also members of the AZREIA group @Sue Reynolds which meets every second Tuesday of the month at the Tucson Association of REALTORS building located at 2445 N Tucson Blvd, Tucson, AZ 85716. If anyone is interested please reach out and we can introduce you to some members and have you over as a quest. 

@Ornella Kaneza .

#1, always listing to people that will explain how you can and not how you can not.

#2, to change your current position, you need to make your fist step forward, meaning, entering into the game

#3, you have all the answers, you just need to listen to yourself.

My name is Tomer, I'm investing in Tucson.

I live in Israle, small country in the middel east.

I operating in Tucson for the last 2 years, flipping houses and wholesaling, I'm not doing it by meself, I have an amazing partner that together we form a wining team. 

If I can find properties in Tucson, 20,30,40 or 50 precent below market value, anyone can.