• Developer
  • Torrance, CA
Votes |
Los Angeles Area RE investing - 14K to learn fix/flip

Victor Argueta
  • Developer
  • Torrance, CA
Posted Oct 25 2016, 21:23

I had a convo with a friend last week about real estate investing in the LA area. He mentioned to me that he had try to enroll in a program to learn how to fix/flip properties in LA. The company quoted 2 days of intensive training for $14K. What? I was literally floored. One, why would anyone pay an amount like this and two... this friend knows that I am an active investor. He could easily pick up the phone and pick my brain if he wanted to. But I guess if its free advise, some people may not see value in it.

Anyways, after giving some thought about his ordeal, I decided to give the opportunity to anyone  who may be interested in seeing first hand one or two of my current projects. We can review/visit any of my projects so you can get an idea of what a volume investor does on a daily basis (for every 3 properties that I purchase, I hold one and retail the other 2) Therefore, if you are trying to understand rehab costs, figure out how to land your first deal, feel that LA has no inventory/opportunities, mitigate risk or any general questions - ping me. BTW i am not charging a dime. Would really like to avoid having some of you pay ridiculous amounts for courses that you can learn in a 2 hour visit. I don't know everything but know enough.

The following are current projects - 4 SFR/MF rehabs in LA - One by 77 and Normadie, another one in Inglewood by Centinela Park, a duplex located a few blocks from USC (demo will be done this Friday if you like to see it before I start), and one in South Gate, and lastly a SFR in Playa del Rey which happens to be my most expensive purchase to date. I also have new construction projects; the only one approved is located in Long Beach at the corner of Willow and Santa Fe Ave and I can walk you through permit process and approvals if new construction is what you are interested in. My recent sales are 856 W 53rd st, LA and 5161 Los Flores Ave, Lywoond (on zillow you will notice I use the same color schemes and materials. I will explain why)

I'll take off a few days next week if anyone would like to shadow me for a few hours. My office is in downtown Torrance. So ping me if interested.

Happy Investing. 

VMA

Loading replies...