Kitchen counter tops for rehab - latest trends?

4 Replies

Folks I need your help with a fairly important kitchen designing dilemma:

For a rather typical South Bay area SFR with a $1.2M-ish ARV, with white Shaker kitchen cabinets/stainless hardware & appliances, the color-du-jour grey "wood" flooring, similar but lighter toned walls, no wall paint in kitchen (narrow stacked stone backsplash)...............is a familiar, tried and true, "veiny" granite or a more uniformly colored quartz the more sought after countertop these days?? I would choose the granite, as the natural color variations add character, but what do I know? The kitchen is the standard U-shape, no island.

What say the active rehabbers?!?!   Thanks Much!!

do what Flip or Flop does.... they use mostly quartz

i use only formica for the rentals and love it.

btw, where i buy, i can buy about 12 houses for 1.2M

I would say quartz for sure. Or marble in that price range... Granite is kind of played out these days.

$1.2 million and that's typical? I personally would be looking at comps in the area to make that decision, as most of us on here are probably dealing with houses costing 25% or less than what your working with.

I use Quartz in kitchen and Powder and Hall baths.  Master Bath I like Carrara Marble 

This will work in 1.2M house.   

Can send you a mls link to my recent close with shaker white and Quartz if you pm me 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here