Votes
Joe P.
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
Flooring Dilemma/Questions, looking for advice

Joe P.
  • Philadelphia, PA
Posted Oct 12 2017, 12:05

Hi BP -- so I'm actually asking for my current property which has a basement. Here's the skinny:

• We just had someone come and rip out all the flooring (carpet/carpet pad)
  • We ripped out the carpet because our cats I think were marking territory (likely from the previous owner's dog marking his), and it grew to a point where we needed to remove the carpet.
  • I'm not entirely sure what the ground is under -- clearly its concrete, but with some painting veneer on top (see pictures)?
  • I think I would want to put something on top of the concrete, its uneven in some spots, has some weird bubbles/ridges on it
  • Total space size is ~350 sq feet, but its not a perfect square or rectangle. Lots of right angles, unfortunately.

Also, the max height of the basement right now is ~75 inches (6'3") and I don't want to lose more height if I can help it.

I'm looking for flooring options based upon budget, and knowing we will continue to have cats. The concrete definitely has some odor to it which I would also like to clean and I am looking for thoughts around landlords who have had to deal with that as well.

Appreciate your insights and thoughts!

Loading replies...