For those that BRRRR out of state...

1 Reply

...would you mind explaining the process? I'm a newbie interested in a property out of state. Can you do it all from afar or do you need to make at least one trip out in person to generate a SOW and/or to be there for the rehab? I plan on hiring out all work. I would love to not have to travel there in person but am not sure how I could get the estimation of rehab costs and the actual rehab part of it done from afar. TIA :)

Originally posted by @Kim Forgione :

...would you mind explaining the process? I'm a newbie interested in a property out of state. Can you do it all from afar or do you need to make at least one trip out in person to generate a SOW and/or to be there for the rehab? I plan on hiring out all work. I would love to not have to travel there in person but am not sure how I could get the estimation of rehab costs and the actual rehab part of it done from afar. TIA :)

When buying out of state it's important you realize you most likely are not getting something so undervalued that you will be able to recoup all of your capital out. If it was that aggressively priced someone local would have already snatched it up. That said I have seen several investors end up with less than 25% into the home. Consider that a huge win.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here