Votes
Devon White
  • Mcconnell Afb, KS
Votes |
Is a degree really necessary?

Devon White
  • Mcconnell Afb, KS
Posted Nov 5 2017, 18:29
Is a college degree really necessary for an agent? I’m in the middle of my senior year of high school and I do not want to go to college because I feel like it’s worthless for an entrepreneur. Any advice is much appreciated

User Stats

Votes
James C.
  • Rockledge, FL
Votes |
  • Rockledge, FL
Replied Nov 6 2017, 01:07

Devon,

Strictly speaking you don't need a college degree to do real estate.

If the only reason you don't want to go to college is because you think it's "worthless", you've got the wrong reason. 

Let me put this another way. You haven't made an entrepreneurial case to skip school. When you can make that case with solid reasoning, logic, facts and appropriate financial arguments, then, and only then, you have earned the right to skip getting a degree. Until you can make that case, start filling out the common application, keep your grades up, and choose a university/degree.

Good Luck!

Jim

Account Closed
  • Flipper
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
  • Flipper
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Replied Nov 6 2017, 03:01

@Devon White

Of course you shouldn't go to college. College is worthless. I went to college and I regret every minute I spent on it. Take this anecdotal evidence from a guy who hides his last name and has a cat as a profile pic and run with it.

Good luck!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes