Rehabbing & House Flipping
Account Closed
  • Charleston, SC
Votes |
Flipping in Charleston, SC

Account Closed
  • Charleston, SC
Posted Dec 12 2017, 10:59

Hello Bigger Pockets! I am just getting started here in Charleston, SC. I have been inhaling podcasts and forum threads on BP for a little while now, and have really been digging into certain aspects of this type of investing. 

I currently work at a commercial real estate firm, but am personally more intrigued by investing in residential, and feel like the entry to residential is more feasible for my situation. I've been talking to agents, lenders, and other investors as a precursor to finding and pulling the trigger on my first deal. 

As for my strategy, I intend to rehab and resell most of the properties within the first year or two to generate working capital, using the profits to purchase more deals and longer-term rentals.

What is your opinion of the current flipping environment in the North Charleston/Ladson/Summerville? Have you been finding deals under 100k that have been able to rehab and re-sell in decent neighborhoods? I am looking at the growth of industry in this corridor as another boost in opportunity to provide working people with excellent housing.  

I certainly welcome any feedback!

Loading replies...