Chicago 1 bathroom condo - shower, no tub, for design purposes?

3 Replies

Hi BP!

I am renovating a 2 bed 1 bath condo in the South Loop of Chicago! 

`

We are going for a very sleek modern look in the bathroom - I think a glass door shower will look terrific. HOWEVER this eliminates the possibility for anyone to ever take a bath. Do you think this will affect buyers enthusiasm?

Note: a comp with the same layout, same building sold for a great price with only a shower! But I'm still wondering if folks with experience selling condos have a viewpoint. I genuinely believe that given the size bathroom we have, it will not be possible to make a bathtub look sleek and elegant.

Thanks everyone in advance!

@Meera Lakhavani - I think you need to analyze your demographics and figure out who your likely clients will be.  Typically the biggest need for a bath is families/kids.....if you are in the south loop and have 2/1 sounds like you are looking at young professionals and I personally think the nice shower would return more on your investment!  Good luck.

@Meera Lakhavani - Another thing you need to consider is the current existing condition of the bathroom. If it has a decent bathtub or shower it may not be worth it to gut it and replace it. Maybe you just add a nice glass sliding door or something. Your ROI may be minimal and it may be worth it to get a nice vanity or use the money in the kitchen. Food for thought. Good luck!

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here