Most effective mail marketing to find flippables

4 Replies

Hi all, I'm wanting to test the water with house flipping in my area. I already own 4 properties as long-term buy and holds and have a W-2 job, so I have sources of income. With this in mind, what are some effective ways of finding flippable houses that aren't exactly gut jobs? I've been thinking of mailers, but I don't know what gives the most bang for the buck (and the second I started researching, I got bombarded with those little yellow card mailer ads). I'm wary of foreclosures this early and would want to wait until I've flipped a house or 2 that I knew what its condition was before buying before buying a house I've only seen from the outside and bid on at the courthouse.

You can work with a list broker to pull a custom list for your area. There are a number of lists that can be pulled based on your requirements. The Absentee Homeowner with Equity is tried and true, but the Atlanta area is fairly active with investors, so you might be adding your mail on top of several others that the owner has received.

You might consider Seniors with 20+ Year Ownership. These are people who could be ready to downsize and are tired of doing maintenance and are ready to downsize. You can add criteria such as home value, equity, home size to focus in on properties you would be interested in buying.

The Financial Stability Indicator (FSI) can help identify people who are likely to be financially unstable.

Originally posted by @Karen E. :

You can work with a list broker to pull a custom list for your area. There are a number of lists that can be pulled based on your requirements. The Absentee Homeowner with Equity is tried and true, but the Atlanta area is fairly active with investors, so you might be adding your mail on top of several others that the owner has received.

You might consider Seniors with 20+ Year Ownership. These are people who could be ready to downsize and are tired of doing maintenance and are ready to downsize. You can add criteria such as home value, equity, home size to focus in on properties you would be interested in buying.

The Financial Stability Indicator (FSI) can help identify people who are likely to be financially unstable.

Hmm, I wonder how much those lists would cost. I actually already data mine my target county's public records for homeowners with equity, and I could easily re-run the analysis for Seniors who have owned their house forever. I guess my real question is what means should I use to reach out to these people, assuming I already have a list of say, 500 target properties.

I am a list broker. You can PM me if you want specifics.

Direct marketing is a numbers game. By getting a targeted list, you can increase your chances of reaching people who share motivating factors - and have houses you want to buy.

This is a good place to outsource.

Again, it's not about getting the data. The question is, given a target list of addresses/people, what is the best way to reach out? Postcard-sized yellow mailers, full-page letters in real envelopes, throwing bricks through their windows with my picture on them...etc? :)

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.