Newbie looking to flip in North Jersey

8 Replies

Hello everyone

Me and my partner moved to North Jersey from Manhattan one year ago and looking to get into flipping homes in the area. Would love to network with other individuals who are doing the same! Open to Bergen, Essex, Hudson and Union counties. My experience has been tough as there are not many “undervalued” homes on the market to begin! Am thinking of going to auctions but am aware that proper due diligence is critical. Anyway wanted to introduce myself to Bigger Pockets and hopefully can connect to others locally! 

Meet people face to face for sure.

If you see a house being flipped, stop Car and meet the contractor!

@Sabrina Nelson Well first thing is what kind of financing? Deals are hard to come by nowadays but they are still out there no question about. Just have to go out and do some door knocking and like David said, lots of networking and talking.

Connect with me, if you have any questions, I’ll be glad to help you out. I am not the most experienced but I’ve been through most cases, so I can shed me .02.

@Sabrina Nelson Welcome to the BP community! @Mateusz Prawdzik Is absolutely right Cash is king (HML's work well too) in the Northern NJ marketplace and properties go FAST! I would suggest that you partner with someone to get the lay of the land and maybe even start your own door knocking/ yellow letter campaign to get a FSBO sale(again you'll need cash or a HML). Its not easy to find deals in this marketplace but its not impossible. Do your due diligence, find a partner, and be patient and you'll find what you're looking for.

Good luck 

Good Luck and let me know if you need anything. 

Maybe reach out to a networking group such as FlipStarters... or check the meet up section of BP. There’s quite a few resources out there but you have to go and find them.

Welcome @Sabrina Nelson ! I think you're instinct on auctions is typically correct, but if you really learn the niche (as is true in most of real estate) you'll likely find an easier time finding deals. I don't know if they still do it, but I know the company  @David Weintraub works for hosts (or co-hosts) seminars by Auction.com to help people learn the process. Might be worth your while to attend. Good luck!

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here