What should I do with this bathroom?

4 Replies

If I were flipping this...

Obviously tear everything out, but should I put in a vanity, and then leave the spot to the right of it empty?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tlt668gmnpudyfa/0319181949.jpg?dl=0

Clearly there's not enough storage. Maybe build some shelves

Depends on budget, timeline, how the house is built/laid out but I'd lean towards a double vanity as you have enough space there. If your ARV doesn't call for that, you can leave that open space there, although it looks awkward.

What about putting a double vanity in?  It looks like you have enough room unless there is a toilet blocking it.  If a toilet is blocking, I would provide as much storage space as possible.  Could another cabinet of drawers fit in there?  Could shelves be installed on the right for baskets & towels?  That would be better than the current open space for a (dated) vanity that is there now.

@Patrick Philip I looked at the image. Double vanity is option number one. Don't put in open shelves - the area is too deep and they would just look messy - and I don't like that exposed plumbing on the back wall. Looks like about a 36" area? I would buy a 24" cabinet and install a pull out laundry basket and then you only have a 12" space or so... that can be used for storing the toilet brush and a decent trash can OR a pull out towel rack. I like to add these little fun touches to my projects. The attached photo is from my personal laundry room. Everything came from Lowes. 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here