Questions about independent contractor agreement?

2 Replies

What should this include? I have some "jack of all trades" handymen doing a lot of work for me. But much of it does not require a license, such as tile, carpet, baseboards, etc.

Where can I find a sample agreement that would work in this scenario?

@Patrick Philip there is a lot of legal jargon in them to keep you and him completely safe. I think mine is 5 pages long and then they sign scopes of work which are very detailed as well. In the master agreement there are things like what constitutes a walk off from the job, if something fails city inspection, if work is done incorrectly or with poor craftsmanship, when and how ill pay and so forth. I can send you mine f you provide your email. 

Originally posted by @Sean Carroll :

@Patrick Philip there is a lot of legal jargon in them to keep you and him completely safe. I think mine is 5 pages long and then they sign scopes of work which are very detailed as well. In the master agreement there are things like what constitutes a walk off from the job, if something fails city inspection, if work is done incorrectly or with poor craftsmanship, when and how ill pay and so forth. I can send you mine f you provide your email. 

Yes, thank you. I sent my email on PM.

This site must have some glitch when I try to send PM's from phone because that message took me about 10 minutes to type.