• Investor
  • Lucas, TX
Votes |
Scaring my hard money lender

Robert Steele
  • Investor
  • Lucas, TX
Posted Jan 19 2011, 05:07

I found a deal that I wanted to run by everyone here. A deal so scary my hard money lender needs to think twice about financing me. This wouldn't be the first time. Last time I scared the hell out of him with a mold property. So much so he almost backed out at the last minute until I educated him with legal precedents, health codes and state law.

So here's the deal; a 4bdrm SFH built in 2004 in nice neighborhood. Its a foreclosure and the previous owner vandalized the place. Besides the typical stuff, everything has been stripped including the kitchen sink. The electrical main has been severed. But the real kicker is they took off all the toilets and poured cement down the sewer lines and the shower & bath drain lines. This is what scares him.

I initially passed it over when I first saw it but I could not get it out my head and kept mulling it over for a few days until I got the courage up about doing some due diligence and putting together an offer. I typically run towards rehabs that most investors run away from (like my last mold remediation job). Am I crazy or do I see dollars where everyone else sees headaches. Would you do this deal for 100%+ ROI?

Loading replies...