Who do you use for insurance on a flip?

5 Replies

We bank and have insurance with USAA. Their services are great. However, they will not insure our flip because it is vacant. They want to farm us out to a an affiliate company. So, who do you use?

Berkshire Hathaway is a good option if you are not doing any structural work.  They can also include $1M premises liability coverage with the structure coverage.

I was just discussing this with @Jason Bott today and he mentioned a product called REI Guard. Hit him up as he can explain it better than me but it sounded perfect for flips. I believe it's through the same company that @Kuba F. mentioned above.