Votes
Timothy Durham
  • Northwest Mississippi
Votes |
How to Prepare for a Career as a Flipper

Timothy Durham
  • Northwest Mississippi
Posted Oct 8 2018, 22:20

Hello everyone, I am new to Bigger Pockets and this is my first post. My question is about how to prepare myself and gain the necessary skills to flip houses and fix up rentals for a living.

I am a sophomore in college majoring in business management. To be quite honest, every second of it feels like a waste and I constantly wonder if I should transfer to my local community college where I will be just a couple classes short of an associates degree. I have no desire to get an office job and climb the corporate ladder because I get very frustrated when I have to sit inside all day. I am very much interested in the construction side of flipping/renovating and love to get my hands dirty. I am much more handy than the average 20 year old and have undertaken some pretty big fixer-upper type projects with my dad at our house, but I don't know if I have all the skills to flip a house from start to finish by myself. Where do I start? Do I just go all in and get a fixer-upper and learn as I go? And am I crazy for feeling like the bachelor's in business is a waste of time for me? I am not sure if it is realistic or not for someone my age to just jump into flipping homes full time (or perhaps part time) as opposed to getting a traditional job.

Loading replies...