Anybody invest in the Port St Lucie, Vera Beach area?

8 Replies

Looking at an investment/flip opportunity in Florida, Port St Lucie and Vera Beach area. Hoping this is a market which will continue to florish or grow. Can anyone share your insights and thoughts. This will be my first investment opportunity so need all the guidance and advise I can get. Thanks.

@Michelle Clark If this is your first property I would advise you to invest in your market. Grass isn't always greener. Atlanta is a great market and should be easy for you to understand. Remember acres of diamonds.

Promotion
Apartments.com
List, Screen, Lease, Get Paid, Manage.
No Better Place to Lease Your Place
Owners rely on the #1 rental site to get the best results from their rental properties.
Get Started Now

My father invested in Port St. Lucie around 2011, it’s a great bustling city and the properties he purchased were in foreclosure, so decent rent, and he has made his money almost 2 times over from His initial investment in terms of the homes current value. 

I still think it’s a good place to invest, but as it’s a much stronger market out there with a lot of construction in the area, I don’t think you would find as great of results as my father did.

@Mischael Metelus I am new to Florida market and I have a question about the over $4000 tax, the contractor who is working for me in pa, he used to live in psl for 20 years and his family are still down there. We saw a great deal so if I buy it possibly I will rent it out to his family member, my question is the over $4000 tax per year, so all the out of state are paying the high tax which will cut off all the cash flow, and what do they go?

@Yanhua Sappin

I do t think the tax is over 4K, though it may have become that. Mind you my main home is in NJ, so even a 4K tax is reasonable to me.

But homes in st Lucie rent for 1600+ so I don’t think it’s a detriment to the cash flow