Finding homes to flip in Salt Lake City.

Finding homes to flip in Salt Lake City.

South Jordan, UT · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 0 votes

My husband, Kevin, and I are looking for homes to flip in the Salt Lake City area, where we live. We have extensive experience in construction and property management, but are new to flips. Our next step is finding a good deal! The golden question. 😊

Thanks to BP, we’ve spent hours and hours learning about real estate investing and are now ready to take some aggressive action to get our first deal.

What’s the best place to look for deals in the SLC area?

Anyone else doing flips in Northern Utah that we can connect with? Thanks!!

0Reply
36 views

Most Popular Reply

Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2019 · 42 posts · 30 votes
7y

@Charlotte M. Varble Attending local real estate investor meet ups is a good way to make those connections. I've been to a couple myself recently and I've found them to be helpful. 

Check these out.

Utah Real Estate Investors Association
https://www.utahreia.org

Salt Lake Real Estate Investors Association
https://slreia.com

Northern Utah Real Estate Investors Association
https://www.nureia.org/

Utah Valley Real Estate Investors Association
https://uvreia.com/





See this reply in the discussion

14 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2019 · 42 posts · 30 votes
    7y

    @Charlotte M. Varble Attending local real estate investor meet ups is a good way to make those connections. I've been to a couple myself recently and I've found them to be helpful. 

    Check these out.

    Utah Real Estate Investors Association
    https://www.utahreia.org

    Salt Lake Real Estate Investors Association
    https://slreia.com

    Northern Utah Real Estate Investors Association
    https://www.nureia.org/

    Utah Valley Real Estate Investors Association
    https://uvreia.com/





  • Flipper/Rehabber · Lehi, UT · Member since 2016 · 86 posts · 64 votes
    7y

    @Charlotte M. Varble connect with wholesalers like myself and get on their lists so you can have deals start coming thru your inbox. Analyze each deal then pull the trigger when you see the right property. Wish you the best!

  • Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 269 votes
    7y

    @Charlotte M. Varble

    Below are some deal sourcing ideas 

    • Wholesalers
    • MLS and Realtors
    • Banks and REOs
    • Craigslist
    • Driving for Dollars Use https://dealmachine.com/ ... Mail Marketing
    • Web sites, Email,Internet, Social Media Marketing
    • Cold Calling distressed owners
    • Cold Calling Probate and other real estate attorneys
    • Local Real Estate meetups and groups
    • HUD and other government programs

    Best of luck in all your endeavors.  

  • Real Estate Broker · Watertown, NY · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Charlotte M. Varble - You could try

    1.) Direct mail

    2.) Contacting FSBO

    3.)  Contacting houses that look neglected

    4.)  Speaking with a probate attorney and getting leads on people getting divorces

    5.)  Pull the tax delinquent lists and market to them.

    6.) Speak with the top eviction lawyers in town and see if any of their clients have expressed interest in selling

  • Developer · SLC, UT · Member since 2013 · 50 posts · 35 votes
    7y

    @Charlotte M. Varblet

    If you have construction experience would you like to look at new build opportunities? 

    I agree that the REIA's are a great place to find contacts.

  • South Jordan, UT · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Michael Ablan thank you so much!

  • South Jordan, UT · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Anthony Dadlani great list, I appreciate it!

  • South Jordan, UT · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Kyle Pierce I’d love to learn more about what you do and if it would make sense to work together. Do you have a website or some other way to get in contact?

  • South Jordan, UT · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @David Fairall I’ll definitely check these out, very helpful!!

  • South Jordan, UT · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Jordan Atkin I don't think we want to take the time for new build, but I don't know ROI numbers, so I suppose we could be open if it makes sense. How can we learn more?

  • Developer · SLC, UT · Member since 2013 · 50 posts · 35 votes
    7y

    @Charlotte M. Varble if it doesn't jump out at you like something you want to pursue then I wouldn't recommend it. Get through some flips and go from there. Hope to see you at SLREIA tomorrow! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Orange County · Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    I am also looking to flip a multi family home in the SLC/North SLC area! Have you found much luck? I flipped one last year on 1700 S and it’s on Airbnb now but that was my last one. ☺️

  • New to Real Estate · Salt Lake City · Member since 2021 · 20 posts · 9 votes
    5y

    Hello  @Charlotte M. Varble and @Aspen Potter!

    Are yall still flipping houses in the Salt Lake valley? I'm looking to wholesale in the area and would love to bring you properties that fit your criteria. 

  • Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 691 votes
    5y

    I agree with @David Fairall. Attending local meetups would be a good way to meet other investors. Networking is the best way to market! Also, you could meet wholesalers at these events. Wholesalers are great at finding below market deals at great prices. You could also search facebook groups, and build relationships with wholesalers that way.

    Happy Investing!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.