My name is Toa, and I’m super excited to be a part of this real estate community! Please help me out with your top five tips for beginners. I’m thinking multi-family/ house-hacking to start... Please share!
Thank you in advance 🙏🏾
1. Join a local REI association
2. Consume all the information you can
3. Know that real estate is a marathon and not a sprint
4. Good numbers on a spreadsheet don’t constitute a good deal
5. Don’t fall in love with a deal. If it doesn’t work, don’t try to force it to work.
Since you plan on househacking, check out the fha 203k loan. It allows you to purchase properties that a typical fha loan wouldn't finance. It even allows you to finance the rehab costs. The only negative is that you have to use a HUD approved contractor. You can't do the work yourself.
When networking at the REI association you join, don't think about what others can do for you, but what you can do for others. That's how relationships are formed.
Very informative. I will definitely be looking into all of these mentions. Thank you Bill Plymouth!
@Toakase Tafuna of course. Good luck on your journey!
@Toakase Tafuna welcome to BiggerPockets you can learn everything you need to know on this platform
@Rundell Ramsay you have no idea how excited and fortunate I am to have happened upon this community 💗