• Investor
  • Eugene, OR
Votes |
First flip blog-Oregon

Andy Bailey
  • Investor
  • Eugene, OR
Posted Oct 16 2019, 07:07

Hi All I'm Andy with Two Vets Homes. My business partner and I started on our first flip.

We purchased a forclosure, the last house in an area which has not beeb updated. It is a 4 bedroom and 2 bath home with approximately 1580sf. It has brand new roof from the bank and the rot repair to the roof has already been done as well. It is the last house that butts up to Farmland acreage with a great View of the Coburg Hills.

So far I've gone through multiple contractors trying to find the right one. Luckily my real estate agent was on the ball and helped out. And after closing there was a little bit of snafu because we originally thought 3 interior walls which were just partition walls. However, were thought to be load-bearing after we cut into them. However, I had a architect/engineer friend look at it and they are not.

Then the drywall and popcorn ceiling came back hot for asbestos which I pretty much expected. Met with the asbestos abatement contractor yesterday. Luckily I've known them for a while and they're very trustworthy.

I didn't plan to do much physical work on the deal that was frustrated with the situation and decided to rip out the kitchen cabinets myself which was quite fun. I only found one dead mouse. I will post some photos a little bit later.

Loading replies...