How to find great flip opportunities in a crowded market

3 Replies

I am looking to do my 1st flip in the greater Orlando area. I have a hard money lender with a great rate and a mentor for the reno. What I am missing is leads on REO's etc... This market is crowded with investors so please share you strategies with finding properties in congested markets. Any advice is very much appreciated.

Many investors find deals on the MLS in the downtown area. However, a lot of the flips involve adding square footage or re-building.

It's important to have a good realtor or wholesaler who knows the downtown area really well in order to spot a deal.

Also make sure who ever you are working with is knowledgeable in construction.

Originally posted by @Nicole Edgerton :

I am looking to do my 1st flip in the greater Orlando area. I have a hard money lender with a great rate and a mentor for the reno. What I am missing is leads on REO's etc... This market is crowded with investors so please share you strategies with finding properties in congested markets. Any advice is very much appreciated.

You can buy from wholesalers, market direct to sellers, look for vacant properties on MLS that have been for sale much longer than average dats on market and also FSBO and expired listings.