Skip to content
Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes
Oscar Martins
  • Rehabber
  • Syracuse, NY
Votes |
Towns Health/Building Department at it once again!

Oscar Martins
  • Rehabber
  • Syracuse, NY
Posted Apr 23 2013, 17:56

Im getting sick and tired of having the building/health dept ruin my deals. I purchased a property in July of 2012. House was in as-is condition, health inspector wrote up a report of all the repairs that needed to be completed in order to obtain the c/o. I received a temp c/o and started on the list of repairs. Three months later all repairs were completed, inspector checked off on it and handed me the c/o. Four months go by and the house is under contract and ready to close, I applied for a c/o again, same inspector comes out tells me that I converted the garage into a bedroom (its been that way for at least 10years). This jerk was there less than a year ago and said nothing about it but all of a sudden its an issue. He said i was going to need an engineer and architect to draw up plans and permits. This is going to eliminate a huge chunk of my profit and possibly lose my buyer. its disgusting how corrupt these guys are. I refuse to spend obe more dollar in this town..makes me want to get out of the biz altogether. Just needed to vent.

Loading replies...