New to the Area and REI

6 Replies

Hello ALL!  My wife and I along with our two kids just recently moved to the Fort Wayne area outside of Columbia City and I would love to learn more about the area and what the best neighborhoods you would recommend to invest in might be around the Fort Wayne Area.  I am originally from Michigan and have very limited experience with Indiana in general.  Any insights, advice, networking opportunities, etc... would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks everyone and have a great day!

Lance

Hi Lance!  Welcome to the Fort Wayne area and Bigger Pockets!!

What kind of investing are you looking to do here?

There is a meeting once a month on the third Saturday at 9:30 am at 2777 Sherman Boulevard.  You can attend one time free as a guest.

There are a lot of investors doing many different things in the area so a lot of wisdom flowing that they seem to be more than happy to share.

Wow! You guys/gals are awesome! I wasn't expecting such a quick response. Great to see there is some great support for the area and thank you all very much. @Camilla Sauder, that meeting sounds great and I will plan on being there this month. Thank you for the invite. As for the type of investing, I am interested in smaller multi-families and fix and flips right now to get started but would love to learn about any kind of REI. Quick question for the group: For buy and holds in FW area are there a lot of vacancy problems or not much of an issue? Thanks again for all of your willingness to help!

I would suggest the local r.e.i. 3rd sat of the month in ft.wayne at 930 am, located at the protech bldg corner of elmer n sherman near the zoo... great wealth of knowledge and resources.... if I can be of assistance please let me know 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here