7-unit under contract in Des Moines

7 Replies

Happy Easter to all ! 

My names is Hakeem Valles, I am a recently retired NFL player and just settled my family down in St Louis. 

Last week I went under contract on a seller financed 7-unit in Des Moines. I just got back from getting the property inspected and o loved the property and the neighborhood!

I wanted to know if anyone on here knows any 3rd party property managers in Des Moines that deals with properties of this size. Thanks in advance!  

@Matt DeBoth , as Luke mentioned in the thread above, I have also heard many good things about renters warehouse. They come recommended from many of the investors that I chat with. Our group has 50+ single-family homes in the Des Moines Metro area, and have experimented with five or six different property managers over the last 5ish years. We have not tried renters warehouse, but have been disappointed with all of the property managers except Top shelf. Top shelf is managing about 90% of our properties right now, and we have really enjoyed working with them, and Mike Sudman. You can shoot me a private message if you want his cell phone number. The other 10% of our properties are with a second, or back up, property manager just so we maintain a second relationship. We will probably be switching that 10% over to renters warehouse when we get around to it :-)

I have properties both with Renters Warehouse and with Top Shelf. There are ups and downs of both. Top Shelf’s fees are much more up my alley, Renters has a lot more infrastructure. You really have to just decide what’s more important to you. Brad and Mike are both amazing!

Originally posted by @Hakeem Valles :

Happy Easter to all ! 

My names is Hakeem Valles, I am a recently retired NFL player and just settled my family down in St Louis. 

Last week I went under contract on a seller financed 7-unit in Des Moines. I just got back from getting the property inspected and o loved the property and the neighborhood!

I wanted to know if anyone on here knows any 3rd party property managers in Des Moines that deals with properties of this size. Thanks in advance!  

 Hope your 7 unit was a big “home run” go sports!!

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here